7 Best Yoga DVDs for Weight Loss
If You Are Looking To Buy The Best Yoga DVDs For Weight Loss, You Are On The Right Page. We Have Researched This Space For 68 Long Hours To Select Our Top 7 Collection. This Will Make Your Job A Lot Easier. So, Stay Tuned.
The classic Indian discipline that withstood the test of time, Yoga is known across the world for the plethora of physical and psychological benefits it offers.
A sound mind and a sound body is a must in this day for everyone, with the pollution and pestilence on the rise. To battle these, Yoga offers all of that and then some more.
- Which yoga DVD is the best for Weight Loss?
- How do I find the right Weight Loss Yoga DVD?
- Frequently asked questions
Which yoga DVD is the best for Weight Loss?
When you are stuck at your home or desk, rapid weight gain can be a bit of a bother. Yoga can help you out with that, as some of the targeted styles can make you shed some pounds in a week even.
However, finding an experienced Yoga guru near your place is not always possible. Worry not, expert Yoga teachers across the world have published DVDs with their own methods of yoga for this very purpose. You can maintain the social distancing, and in addition to that, start learning at your own pace too.
Depending on various factors like user opinion, expert comments, we have selected some Yoga DVDs For Weight Loss which actually work wonders, which are as follows:
1. Yoga Conditioning For Weight Loss
From the house of Gaiam, this Yoga DVDs For Weight Loss is loved by Yoga practitioners and teachers alike. An absolute coverage of the yoga session, this DVD by Suzanne Deason will help heal both the mind and the body.
The postures are well-sequenced and held for quite some time. If you are a beginner, there are a number of blocks, straps and props used for safety.
In the background, you will find other women of different shape and size are performing the poses at beginner, intermediate and advanced stage. In the end, there is a relaxing meditation session which gives the whole thing a really special touch.
You can visit our new post on Yoga DVDs For Beginners Over 50, if you are interested.
What we like in it ?
- The timing is neither too long nor too short.
- It will help you to lose weight at a steady pace, improve the balance and flexibility too.
- There are audio cues for introductory levels so that you do not need to look up to the screen every time.
- It also includes instructions about eating right to control weight and other health information.
- At the beginning of some lessons, there is sometimes a repetitive introduction and a Gaiam commercial, which cannot be skipped and is a tad annoying.
- It will help you to lose weight but not build muscles.
2. Yoga For Weight Loss
From the house of Body Wisdom, this set of three Yoga DVDs For Weight Loss is a collector’s pride if you are a yoga enthusiast.
The program comes with more than 35 routines to give you a complete insight into the various yoga practice. The Yoga for weight loss DVD comes with Power Yoga and Flow Yoga DVD also.You will find a seamless integration of weight and straps in the Weight loss Yoga.
Besides, the power loss yoga has the range of routine that goes up from beginner to challenging, which has a huge variety of routines in both toughness and time. Narrated by Barbara Benagh, this DVD collection will be good for you, at any experience level.
If you into Vinyasa Yoga, do checkout our choice of Best Vinyasa Yoga DVDs available online.
What we like in it ?
- Even if you are a beginner, you can easily practice the movements shown in the Yoga for Weight Loss programmer.
- The Flow Yoga program included helps to build muscle strength and flexibility, which in turn helps to practice the weight loss yoga program.
- The program is highly customization. From the schedule to personal preference and fitness goals, you can select the one that fits your need the most.
- The breathing exercises, though highly beneficial, are sometimes tough to follow.
- If you are less flexible, you may have trouble to follow some of the routines.
3. Yoga Sweat For Weight Loss With Julie Schoen
If you have some experience with yoga before, this DVD will be a nice fit for you. Julie Schoen guides the viewer with a variety of pace and poses to sweat and loss pounds effectively.
The DVD features two sessions which go on to 30 minutes each, with warm-up and cool down for 10 minutes. The first session will help you to shed weight and increase the internal heat of the body, which will help the total metabolism.
The second part is more focused on strengthening the core, arms and the back while flattening the abdomen.
Also read our post on, Best Yoga Mats Online.
What we like in it ?
- This DVD is perfect for you if you do not have a longer period of time to practice yoga every day.
- The warm-up and cool-down session is a nice part which completes the experience. Also, in this way, you do not have any risk of pulling a muscle.
- The DVD has two sessions with two specific goals, so you can focus on which is more important to you without any trouble.
- Unless you have had some prior experience, you will not be able to successfully complete all the lessons.
- The second session movements are faster, so you cannot pick them up at first glance.
4. Beginners & Beyond Yoga For Weight Loss For Beginners
Another BodyWisdom Product, this DVD is instructed by Maggie Rhodes. In the three different sections, you will go through a series of workout poses, which go from easy to tougher.
The calorie-burner routines are set in a calm and tranquil background, which makes the journey effectively easier. The first section covers basic yoga poses, which is targeted to the beginners.
The second and third section routines can be done by you if you have a few months under the belt. The intense workout in these two parts will effectively make you lose calories. The third part i.e. beyond comes with light-weight and resistance band training too.
Don’t forget to read our post on How To Gain Weight Through Yoga?.
What we like in it ?
- The routines in this DVD help you to shed weight and improve the joint conditions too.
- It improves the overall balance, and decrease the fat in the waistline as well as the arms and thighs.
- The DVD ups the ante gradually, which is great if you practice it regularly.
- Even though the name suggests ‘For Beginners’, most of them cannot be done if you are a bit overweight and less flexible.
- The video speed is high, so you need to watch is quite a few times to be able to follow them.
5. Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga
Adapted from the hit NBC show, this Yoga DVDs For Weight Loss shows a practical and effective way of weight control. The trainer Bob Harper shows yoga methods which can transform your body in just 6 to 8 weeks.
Divided into 3 stages of yoga workout, the session goes on for about 55 minutes, along with warm-up and cool down. The first part is classic Vinyasa yoga which improves your core strength.
It follows the abs and back exercises in the second part to burn calorie and the third part includes weight. You can also customize the session as per your convenience and time.
Also find out about the Best Power Yoga DVDs and Hatha Yoga DVDs.
What we like in it ?
- In a matter of weeks, you can see the changes and weight loss clearly if you use this regularly.
- It includes proper breathing techniques which are great for the beginners.
- Sometimes the movement is too fast, and the transition is a bit tough to capture.
6. Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown
In this DVD, Jillian Michaels puts importance on an athletic training style instead of the classic yogic style. Her version is more active with a number of intense workouts.
It can help you to burn calorie at a faster pace. From the warm-up exercise to the cool-down routine, Yoga meltdown focuses on weight loss up to 5 pounds per week.
The 30-minute programs are made up of different yoga poses as well as cardio exercises, which is the perfect combination to shed weight on a daily basis.
If you are a beginner, start from level 1 and practice for a few weeks before moving on to level 2. In this way, you will have enough flexibility and practise the poses more efficiently.
Also, do check out our post on Best Chakras Books in case you are interested.
What we like in it ?
- Whichever level you may be in, you can use this DVD to lose weight.
- Jilian teaches an interval and repetition training of an aerobic version of Yoga here, which helps both the lungs and heart.
- If you have bad knees or sensitive joint, it is not a good fit for you. It has some sessions where getting up from the floor can be quite painful if you have a weak joint.
- It is different from the classic Ashtanga Yoga workout style.
7. Weight Watchers Yoga Starter Kit
This is actually a unique collection as you not only get a DVD but a whole kit instead. This complete package from Weight watcher comes with a strap, block and exercise tracker at a much lower cost than a traditional yoga class.
Sara Ivanhoe is a great instructor who explains from the basic techniques. It contains two routines, the first is ‘Get Moving’, which is standing poses targeted to beginners.
The next is ‘Get Strong’ which involves mat work and for intermediate levels. The challenging workouts are good enough to lose weight gradually while strengthening you.
What we like in it ?
- The trainer and her enthusiasm are infectious.
- If you are a beginner, buying this kit means you have almost everything except a mat to start the journey.
- It has both beginner and advanced instructions, so this will help whichever condition you may be in.
- The camera angle is not great, as sometimes you cannot see the pose from the back and side which creates confusion.
How do I find the right Weight Loss Yoga DVD?
When buying Yoga DVDs For Weight Loss, keep these things in mind for a better experience. Read the detailed review from the experts and users to know if this DVD will suit your need or not. Getting a DVD that does not meet your requirement makes no sense. In fact, it may have an adverse effect on your body.
- Consider Your Level Of Performance
Buy the DVD which teaches at your expertise level. If you are a beginner and still get a DVD for a higher level, you may end up hurting yourself. Similarly, if you go for one which is lower than your expertise level, will bring about no change in you. For better guidance, you can also choose to discuss with a yoga expert.
- Need For Props
Check out if you need to buy any props for the DVD exercise to work on, and get them in a bundle. You can save some bucks if you get a good combo offer. And if you do not support using yoga props, make sure that the DVD does not come with any pose which would require one or the instructor advises to use one.
- Consider The Yoga Style
See the style of the trainer and if it fits your need. If it is aerobics and athletic-based one, you can lose weight very fast. If it is a classic yoga DVD, you can lose weight gradually but the effect will last longer and your core will get stronger. Also, this will help you understand which style of yoga suits best for you and your body.
- Set a Goal
Make a fixed goal and follow it. Do not overdo the exercise which will, in turn, cause more harm. Get a yoga DVD for weight loss that resonates perfectly with your need, requirement and specific condition, if any.
Wondering how much calorie does yoga burn? Read our post on How Many Calories Does Yoga Burn?
Frequently asked questions
Can You Lose Weight By Doing Yoga?
With active yoga, you can lose weight in weeks. With restorative yoga, it is gradual and takes time, but the change is permanent. It also prevents from gaining more weight.
Can Yoga Burn Belly Fat?
A proper diet with the right breathing technique in yoga is really effective in burning stubborn belly fat easily.
Is Yoga Better Than The Gym?
While intense workout in gyms is faster to show results, yoga takes time but the change is permanent. It is beneficial for both the mind and body.
How Often Should A Beginner Do Yoga?
You can start with three to four times a week. Regular practice yields better result in yoga.
Yoga helps to reduce fat in two ways- the first is of course by undertaking an active approach like traditional fitness activities. It also reduces stress, which lowers the cortisol hormone level in the body.
Cortisol makes our body hold on to fat. Thus yoga is more effective in reducing body weight in the long run. To get Yoga DVDs For Weight Loss, you may opt for the Yoga Conditioning for Weight loss. With perfect timing and applicable for all level of expertise, this one is the best value for money product without any doubt.
We will love it if you like something from our selection and find it useful. Also, do not forget to go through our post on When Is The Best Time To Do Yoga For Weight Loss to get maximum benefit of your yoga program.
Looking for ways to control thyroid? Read on for more How To Control Thyroid Disorders Through Yoga? Also, read our post on yoga books for home practice, in case you are interested.