6 January 2019 is:
Epiphany, the New Moon, an Eclipse. There’s a LOT going on today.
Let’s break this down…
“Epiphany” is defined as
1. A moment of sudden and great revelation or realization.
2. The manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi (Matthew 2:1–12).
In the Christian calendar, Epiphany Day is the time when Christians remember the Wise Men (also known as the Three Kings or Three Magi) who visited baby Jesus bearing gifts of Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh. Epiphany is celebrated 12 days after Christmas on 6th January (or January 19th for some Orthodox Church who have Christmas on 7th January).
The New Moon
The New Moon might feel like a quiet time in the lunar phase but it’s actually the time to look forward, to plan, to make time for and to get creating. Consider it like a clean slate or ripe fertile soil to plant your seeds of intention. It’s the right time of the month to meditate on your dreams and consider what it is you are grateful for and what you want to invite more of into your life.
A New Moon Eclipse
A lunar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes directly behind Earth and into its shadow. The Eclipse element of a new moon means double the power (at least) of a regular New Moon! This combined with all the new year energy makes triple. All the more reason to try the ritual and see what happens… Get ready to create some incredibly powerful, potent intentions for 2019.
This ritual is inspired by Yasmin Boland, author of Moonology. I’ve done this ritual many times and it really does work! It’s time to share it with you especially as it’s such a powerful opportunity so close to New Year and landing on the day of revelation! Get busy creating and manifesting your dreams into reality!
1. Create a beautiful space. I like to be alone, light a candle and some sage or palo santo, have my crystals around, play some relaxing music, get cosy and warm, have a cup of tea to hand with a fresh sheet of paper and a pen.
2. Meditate and reflect on the past month – the people, the situations, the moments that were both high and low. What do you feel grateful for? Send love to all those people and things in your life that made you feel happy in the past month.
3. Begin to journal on your intentions, goals, desires, wishes (use whichever word resonates with you) for the coming 4 weeks. Take note of which ones you can deeply commit to trying to make happen. Try to find at least one intention based around service to others. We call this “seva” in yoga. Yoga is about abandoning the ego so it’s good to use intentions to return to your true state – one not always beginning with “I” and feeding the “I want”, “I am” egoistic mind. The more energy and time you invest in writing these intentions, the more potent they are.
4. Now read what you have written. This is where the magic begins… VISUALISE and meditate on each intention becoming a reality in your life. Use your imagination and really see it, feel it, and notice where sensations arise in your body. Create that energy, hold those feelings, they are the magic. Imagine the joy you would feel and feel the outcome in your body. How does it feel for your wish to come true? Does it feel good?
5. Write down affirmations for each wish, for example if you intend to find a new job the affirmation could be “I love my new job”.
6. Consider steps on how you can make each intention come true. For example, looking on job sites if a career change is what you’re after. Either write these steps down or meditate on them.
7. Close with a short meditation and visualize releasing this energy you’ve created within your body, via your pen and mindset, into the universe. Through this action of letting them go you also realise attachment to the intentions. You can close the ritual using the mantra “This or something better now manifests for me, under grace in perfect ways.” Say it out loud, confidently with a smile.
8. Get on with the rest of your lunar month. Do everything you can to manifest your dreams into reality whilst knowing the universe has your back! At the end of the month look back on your new moon eclipse wish list and see which ones have manifested, which didn’t and which you edged closer to.