If you are looking for the best hatha yoga dvds available in the market, you are on the right page.
Our researchers have researched the space for 56 long hours to list down the best 8 across user needs and budgets.
- 1. Element: Hatha & Flow Yoga for Beginners
- 2. The Power of Hatha Yoga Beginner Series
- 3. The Power Of Hatha Yoga Ultimate Series
- 4. Namaste Yoga: The Complete First Season
- 5. Shiva Rea: Daily Energy Collection Mat
- 6. Yoga for Beginners Deluxe 6 DVD Set
- 7. Total Stretch DVD
- 8. Power of Hatha Yoga Curative series
Hatha Yoga DVDs
Hatha yoga is not an exercise, but understanding the mechanics of the body, by creating a certain atmosphere, and then using body postures to drive that energy in specific directions is what it is all about. “Asana” means “posture.” That kind of posture which allows you to reach your higher nature is a yogasana.
With the advent of DVD and other electronic formats, Yoga got democratized a lot. Now there is no geographic or physical barrier to learning from the best in the business.
In this article, we will pick the 8 best Hatha Yoga DVDs available in the market to save you a lot of time researching yourself.
What Are the Best Hatha Yoga DVDs?
1. Element: Hatha & Flow Yoga for Beginners
This DVD is filmed in a tranquil and calm place that shows the Pacific Ocean beaches, it helps you relax and meditate during a hatha yoga session. This DVD is highly recommended for yogis who want to practice Hatha yoga and Flow yoga. Flow yoga is a perfect complement for Hatha yoga.
Hatha helps reduce and eliminate stress and increases the flexibility of an individual, while the Flow yoga helps build an individual’s muscle strength and stamina. This offers a wonderful way to release stress after a long hard work in the office.
Also, check out our popular post on Best Restorative Yoga Dvds
What we like in it?
- This DVD provides yoga sessions that will help you relax, reduce stress and it also helps improve muscle strength, tone, and flexibility.
- The instructor is effective in encouraging you and also helps motivate you and he has excellent focus and guidance on the breath.
- Hatha yoga session is soothing and relaxing and it will help you relax and help improve flexibility.
- It mentions using the strap as the instructor demonstrates and it will really help stretch your muscles in ways you have never felt before.
- One main issue for this DVD is the difficulty level may be a bit extreme for yoga beginners. The Flow session is a challenging workout that beginners may find it difficult to perform.
2. The Power of Hatha Yoga Beginner Series
This DVD features Naader Shagagi, he has been a student of famous Yoga Masters like Hazrat Inayat Khan, Sri Paramahansa Yogananda, and Murshen Hidayat. He has created a system of Yoga poses which is called the Yoga of Mystics.
What we like in it?
- This DVD is great for yoga beginners. It is an excellent choice for individuals who prefer to do programs that can be done at home.
- A lot of hatha yoga classes nowadays just get you through the poses. Hatha yoga is not just focused on moving from one pose to another, it is supposed to be held for a few breaths and meditate at the same time.
- Hatha yoga is the practice of bringing the body, mind, and spirit by breathing, executing the poses and meditation as well. This DVD is a nice alternative for a hatha yoga class.
- Some people felt that the exercises for an older individual are too gentle but the ones for Hatha 1 or flow can be too extreme.
3. The Power Of Hatha Yoga Ultimate Series
This DVD is an excellent follow up in the previous volumes of The Power of Hatha Yoga series. It is for higher-level or advanced level students. This Hatha Yoga DVD features a hard and rewarding physical fitness activity.
Also read our most popular post on Yoga DVDs For Weight Loss.
What we like in it ?
- It has the 1980s feel to the way it looks, the teacher is calm and encourages the students.
- This yoga DVD is highly recommended for individuals who have practised yoga before and is not considered as a beginner.
- This DVD is great for trimming, firming the body and making the mind into a Zen state. Make sure to use it to make yourself feel better by using it regularly.
- Suitable only for advanced practitioners.
4. Namaste Yoga: The Complete First Season
Kate Potter is a very influential yogi who has been committed and dedicated to learning yoga since the tender age of 10. She is one of the most innovative and renowned instructors of Hatha Yoga, and she has studied from the University of Mysore and from an influential Vedantic scholar Swami Chinmayananda in India.
What we like in it?
- The video includes thirteen different sequences that last 22 minutes each and it can be enjoyed by both, beginners and advanced yoga learners.
- It not only soothes and calms the mind, but it also helps build up core strength, flexibility and soul enrichment.
- Kate is a powerful and motivating instructor who is bound to inspire your soul with her power-packed 13 classes, and the breath-taking landscape of the Pacific Northwest will provide you with visual treat and inspiration.
- Vinyasa style yoga, for instance, the crane arm balance, warrior III and the revolved triangle pose.
- The poses are interesting and powerful but at times, too fast for a beginner to follow through without pausing to understand the complexity a few times.
- Most people do feel that some of the workouts are a bit rushed and the camera doesn’t focus accurately on the pose and provides unnecessary close-ups of the women in the video.
5. Shiva Rea: Daily Energy Collection Mat
Restore your energy, strength, and balance every day with world-renowned yoga teacher Shiva Rea. Practising yoga daily, even for a short time, can be more beneficial than a long, intense practice once in a while.
These two programs offer fourteen 20-minute practises so you can greet each day in a new way. Get ready to transform your body and spirit with one of the world’s most inspirational yogis.
What we like in it?
- This DVD teaches you to use each yoga pose for wellness, breathing, centring, becoming more mindful, while slowly, gracefully, elongating, reaching, strengthening and toning as a lovely natural byproduct of that effort.
- The variety not only in terms of the workouts but the option of the yoga matrix (to create your own combinations) is great.
- You will also find, three beginner and four intermediate sequences which will help you to evolve your practice and tailor it according to your mood, energy level, and schedule.
- With over five hours of yoga and the customizable Shiva Rea Yoga Matrix, you can create endless combinations of longer practices.
- Some complain that while changing for the next posture the cue is not clear.
6. Yoga for Beginners Deluxe 6 DVD Set
This video is the perfect beginner’s yoga DVD set for exploring and experiencing the numerous benefits of yoga. With over 50 expertly taught routines to build strength, increase flexibility, improve health conditions and vitality. Excite, inspire and encourage your journey of healthy and balanced living.
Routines are led by renowned instructor Barbara Benagh who guides you through these amazing workouts ranging from 10 to 60 minutes. It is filmed in beautiful and remote locations, like some of the most gorgeous tranquil beaches in the world, which adds to the overall experience of tranquillity.
What we like in it?
- These proven & effective routines will help anyone increase flexibility and strength while developing a calm, serene mind.
- The instructions are very clear and you can easily follow them.
- You can customize your workout before going into the more 60-70 minute advanced workouts.
- Get into shape & rejuvenate with Bodywisdom Media’s Flow Yoga – Strength & Flexibility. This total-body program delivers unparalleled quality & value with 8 targeted and effective flow yoga routines.
- It might come across as slow and boring to some.
7. Total Stretch DVD
Regular stretching can help keep muscles flexible, strong and healthy and is an important part of any regular exercise program.
Maintaining flexibility at all ages and stages of life helps to enable a full range of motion in the joints, which can aid in the relief of tightness, strain and even pain.
This flexibility focused program is designed to help you fit consistent stretching into your regular routine without having to go to extremes (or to the gym or yoga studio). Stretch in the privacy and comfort of your home any time you like with this video that contains three complete sessions.
What we like in it?
- You need no equipment for these workouts, just ample space, about the size of a yoga mat. There are three separate routines that vary from 17 minutes to about 30 minutes, depending on how much time you have.
- Birdsongs and the natural beauty of the scenery set the perfect stage. There is light music in the background that only enhances the surroundings and atmosphere.
- During deep stretch you will slow down and take deep breathes as you focus on relaxing and stretching techniques.
- When you are pressed for time, this concise, total body stretch series comprising of 17 minutes can serve as a solo flexibility session or a great wind down after cardio or strength exercise.
- No cons as such.
8. Power of Hatha Yoga Curative series
Become a practitioner of Yoga of Mystics with Naader Shagagi in unique class experience in the Classical Hatha Yoga taught and practised by Naader himself.
What we like in it?
- It delivers a perfect blend of spiritual practice and physical practice.
- It delivers a holistic approach to mind, body and soul recovery.
- This half-hour beginner experience is the perfect introduction to your Yoga of Mystics journey.
- This DVD includes pranayama breathing, three complete extended sun salutations, the half-moon pose and meditation.
- Some people did not like the instructors
Hatha Yoga DVDs; Buying Guide
- Setting: Are you comfortable with the setting? Each DVD has a cover depicting the scene in which the lessons take place. Are you an indoors person or you prefer open spaces like the park?
- Teaching Method: What about the teaching style? Are you comfortable with the instructor, their techniques and mannerisms?
- Interest: Does the DVD offer the best value? Some offer a quick introduction to yoga, some offer an hour introduction, some offer hours of yoga orientation and some don’t bother with an introduction.
The thing is if you love the program, you will stick to the DVD and make it a part of your daily routine. Everyone wants to get the best value for money but the most important thing is finding a program that you love.
Is Hatha Yoga Healthy?
The regular practice of Hatha Yoga enhances strength, flexibility, and balance and may offer some light to moderate aerobic conditioning as well, depending on the style practised. Other benefits may be gained from incorporating breath work (pranayama) and meditation as part of, or in addition to, a Hatha Yoga practice.
Does Hatha Yoga Tone Your Body?
Yes, yoga asanas will tone the body, but they are more than just a way to lose weight as they concentrate on deeper aspects of effectively functioning muscle groups. Strong toned muscles are at the core of your body and good health.
What Are Hatha Yoga And Its Benefits?
These yoga poses involve twisting, bending, balancing or squeezing your body. It is designed to promote calmness of the mind, spirit, and body. The yoga requires you to focus on breathing and channelling your energy as well. Like other yoga forms, Hatha yoga is beneficial for overall health.
So here goes our list and we hope it does justice to what you have been looking for. Make an informed choice and decide on the best Hatha Yoga DVD for yourself.
We will love it if you like something from our selection and find it useful.