With huge thanks to Este, The Plant-Based Chef from the Breeze mini-retreats, this is the first recipe I’ve ever shared on the blog… Happy Harvest time everyone! Nourish yourself and others J and feel free to share this with anyone who’d appreciate a scrummy Autumn brunch recipe that’s filling, easy and delicious!
Feel free to mix and match the ingredients, make use of what you have and season to your own taste. You’re the Chef!
Vegan Greek Frittata
(The most popular dish from this year’s Breeze Mini Retreats in Cornwall!)
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Total Time – Less than one hour!
- 2 cups (200g) a combination of any or all of the following in any colour/variety – chopped broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, bell peppers, or corguette
- 1/4 cup (30g) finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup (30g) tightly packed finely chopped greens
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups (135g) chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour)
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60g) plain unsweetened or lightly sweetened coconut yogurt (I like Koko Dairy) or thick cashew cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (15g) chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Grease a 9-inch (23cm) pie pan (or line it with parchment paper).
- Vegetables: In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, greens, and salt. Toss to combine.
- Batter: In a blender, combine the flour, water, yogurt, salt, turmeric, cayenne, pepper, and oil. Blend until smooth. (Alternatively, whisk the ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.)
- Add the veggie mixture to the batter. Add the herbs and mix well.
- Pour the frittata mixture into the prepared pie pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. The top will crack and get golden.
- Spray or brush some oil on the top of the frittata while it is still hot.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.