7 Best Yoga Pant Brands: Recommended By Experts
If you are planning to look for the Best Yoga Pant Brands available in the market, you are on the right page. Our researchers have researched the domain for 112 long hours to list down the best 7 across usage needs, user needs and budgets. So, whatever your needs and budget be you will find the best here.
The main objective of choosing the right yoga wear is so you can just forget about it during yoga practice. Yoga practice is different from other kinds of workouts. It’s not about competition.
It’s not about opinions and beauty standards. Yoga is a process of getting to know oneself, however, the journey may look like. You are invited to wear whatever makes you feel beautiful, gracious and honoured.
Choose yoga wear that is comfortable, with modest coverage that will not reveal too much. You won’t want to constantly tug at your clothes during yoga class. Yoga pants with an elastic waist that conform to the body’s shape are best. For women, yoga pants are available with a foldable waist for extra comfort and warmth.
Capri-style yoga pants are also popular for both men and women. Yoga pants come in a variety of natural fibres like organic cotton, bamboo and linen for eco-conscious yogis.
Light colours and earthy tones harmonize well with yoga’s Zen effect. For fashion divas, yoga clothing can be found with design details like prints and embroidery.
- What are the Best Yoga Pant Brands?
- How to Select the Correct Yoga Pant Brands
- Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Best Yoga Pant Brands?
You must have definitely heard about Lululemon. It’s one of the most popular brands. Its founder, Chip Wilson, discovered yoga, as well as the large, untapped market for garments tailored to the low-intensity practice of yoga.
The brand’s high-quality yoga pants became a cult item. Many women found them so comfortable that they wore the pants out of the yoga studio and into everyday life, which helped give birth to what has been known as athleisure, which involves garments that are worn for both athletic endeavours as well as casual leisure activities.
Also, if you are about to start off and looking for yoga mats, do not forget to checkout our post on Best Yoga Pants for Women.
What we like in it?
- So cute that you can wear out, hugs perfectly and makes you look good.
- You can avail for free and fast hemming.
- Comes in a lot of styles and designs.
- Good thick material but breathable, super comfortable.
- They have a bad return policy.
- It might come off as pricy.
Among all of their products, the Lululemon Align Length Pants are one of the best.
Manduka’s leggings offer everything you need in a good pair of yoga pants. They fit true to size, come in a range of size options, are breathable, offer a comfortable fit, are made with durable fabric, and stay tight to your body no matter what yoga pose you’re attempting.
Because they’re so versatile and they don’t slip, these pants will work well for runners and hikers, too.
The leggings are high-waist, reaching up above your belly button, which keeps you feeling covered and compressed during the most active yoga classes. The pants also reach down to your ankles, so they’re longer than most of the other pants.
Some of the varieties of leggings have two pockets, one on each side of your thighs. You could also use the pockets for carrying a key or ID while running or hiking.
It has a wide waistband and the polyester/elastane fabric is flexible and comfortable against the skin. Their pants are bluesign approved, which means harmful chemicals were kept out of the manufacturing process.
What we like in it?
- Thick material and not see-through.
- It stays in place with bending motions.
- There’s no rolling of the waistband.
- Good for workouts or going anywhere while being comfortable. And they fit snug in place.
- They are quite breathable and odour-resistant.
- Runs small compared to their other products.
- Usually low stock.
Women’s Radiant Leggings is one of their most popular items. It’s a product with five-star rating.
The Prana products are made from a lightweight, breathable material that looks and feels great. Prana is one of the very first yoga brands.
Its clothes are totally built for a yogi lifestyle; they’re comfortable, lovely, and super-versatile. Their products are staples for yoga flows and everyday life. The Nylon and Lycra blend allows for exceptional durability.
What we like in it?
- A bit more cost-effective than most of the other brands.
- Performance-wise they are one of the best.
- You don’t have to worry about any extra fabric bunching at the base.
- Their products are known for their breathability, snug fit, flexibility and lightweight.
- They come in handy when the heat is cranked up and you’re pouring sweat.
- No cons as such.
One of their best product is Women’s Pillar 7/8 Leggings.
4. Alo Yoga
With an astounding 2.6 million followers on Instagram and a growing army of loyal fans, Alo Yoga has already taken the world by storm.
The company was launched back in 2007 and, since then, has surged in popularity. These days, some of the most well-known names in the world of yoga swear by the brand’s leggings.
What we like in it?
- The products are Squatproof stretchy and antimicrobial.
- Available in a variety of colour options.
- High-quality material and construction.
- Versatile to be able to wear for the gym or for around town.
- Seams across the knee caps may be uncomfortable.
- Some reports of the front panel being a bit itchy.
7/8 High-Waist Moto Leggings is one of their most loved products.
5. 90 Degree by Reflex Power Flex Capri Pant
Women love this brand, they really love it. With over 4k five-star reviews, people say they fit no matter what your body type, are totally versatile, and are super soft. Oh, and they pass the bend-over “see-through” test, too.
This is one of the most affordable brands out there. There are multiple fabric options to choose from- some have a light, almost cotton-like touch and others feel silky smooth or there are thick and fleece-lined options.
What we like in it?
- The possibilities, and workouts, are truly endless with these leggings.
- Not only are the leggings comfy, but they’ll hold you in, and they also come in more than 30 colours. You can go bright when you want to, or keep things basic with black, navy, or charcoal.
- Most of the pairs come with a little pocket in the waistband to hold keys or a card.
- Fabric is a little stiff compared to others.
- Durability issues might crop up.
Market research says 90 Degree by Reflex Womens Performance Activewear Power Flex Leggings is one of their best.
Lolë describes its athleisure line as “a wellness collection that reflects the dynamic lifestyles of today’s women.” In other words, they are clothes that hold you back, neither in style nor in comfort.
With relaxed fits, breathable dresses that can be dressed up for the office or down for casual weekends. The conscious choice to create versatile, long-lasting garments is also an attempt to reduce overconsumption in the fashion world.
What we like in it?
- They are extremely comfortable, soft.
- They fit well and stay in place.
- The material might be see-through in some of their products.
Women’s Serene Capri is something that is popular. You can go for them.
7. Beyond Yoga
You’ll hardly come across yoga pants that are as soft as the Beyond Yoga brand. They are one of the cosiest pants out there.
After a day of wearing these pants around the house, you wouldn’t want to take them off because the fabric is so soft and comfortable- so you can wear them to bed as well! They keep their shape and hold you in nice and snug.
What we like in it?
- The pants will hold onto you, despite lots of movement.
- The leggings are high-waist and full length, reaching up above the belly button and all the way down to the ankle.
- Keep these pants dedicated to restorative and unheated classes, and cosy winter evenings, and we think you’ll be happy with your purchase.
- The one downside of these mostly polyester pants is that they hold heat against your skin and aren’t very breathable.
- Very uncomfortable for a hot yoga class.
Go for their Alloy Ombre Sport Flex High Waist Midi Legging! It’s one of their best.
How to Select the Correct Yoga Pant Brands
Good yoga pants should be breathable, comfortable and flexible, so you’re not adjusting your clothes or overheating while you try a new yoga pose or hold a challenging lunge.
This is why most yoga pants are made with a polyester-nylon-spandex fabric blend. Those fabrics offer the right blend of comfort, breathability and flexibility.
You should typically look for something comfortable, high-waisted and full length. Avoid the ones with zipper on the back because when you’ll be lying down, the zipper might dig in. Also, avoid pants that are too tight at the inseam or sag.
Flexible & Well-Fitting
If hot yoga is your comfort then you should have something that totally fits you. Be careful with the selection of fabric as well. Keep it light!
Depending on the type of yoga class you attend, you may sweat. And if you sweat, you want a breathable pair of pants that wicks moisture, shuttling it away from your skin and allowing the moisture to evaporate so you can stay cool and dry.
That typically means buying pants that are a poly-spandex blend avoiding cotton.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Need Different Styles Of Pants For Different Types Of Yoga Classes?
Some people do prefer to wear different kinds of pants for different styles of yoga, and we’ve offered options for heated classes in the above guide for that reason. You should also consider pants made with different materials for different types of classes. You want lightweight for hot classes and heavier for the rest. Compressive fabrics are also good for classes with a lot of movement.
If you’re in a heated yoga class, your priority is finding clothes that wick sweat away and keep you cool. You might even want to wear yoga shorts.
For power vinyasa yoga classes, you’ll want tighter pants that move with you. Longer pants that cover your knees and shins can help with arm balances because your legs are less likely to slide off of your sweaty arms.
How Should My Yoga Pants Fit?
Your yoga pants should fit around your natural waist and should align with your curves fairly closely. Length is up to personal preference. If you’re attending a power vinyasa yoga class or a class where you expect to bend and stretch often, high-waisted leggings or pants may be a good choice because they are less likely to slip or ride down while you’re twisting or folding; they also keep your midsection compressed and give you extra coverage.
Pants that sag in the crotch are a no-no for all types of yoga and you should avoid any pants that pinch or feel like they could chafe. You should watch out for tight elastic in the waistband, too, which can cut into your stomach uncomfortably.
How Should I Wash And Dry My Yoga Pants?
Most yoga pants come with specific washing and drying instructions on the tag. In general, it’s a good idea to turn your gear inside out and wash in cold water. Your pants may last longer if you avoid the drier, too. When you’re washing bright-coloured pants for the first time, wash them alone to avoid colours bleeding onto your other clothes.
This is our guide for you. Hopefully, it’ll help you make the right decision and settle for the right brand of yoga pants that suit you the best! Cheers!
We will love it if you like something from our selection and find it useful.
Do not forget to check our collection of Yoga Pants to Hide Cellulite and Best Yoga Pants For Hot Yoga. You will love them too.