8 Best Fitbit And Fitness Trackers For Yoga
If you are planning to look for the best fitbit and fitness trackers for yoga available in the market, you are on the right page. Our researchers have researched the domain for 112 long hours to list down the best 8 across usage needs, user needs and budgets. So, whatever your needs and budget be you will find the best here.
Yoga and Fitbit, sounds quite unusual right? As we all know a Fitbit is mainly used for keeping track of exercises such as running, sprinting, hiking, working out in the gym, and swimming.
Let our yoga expert team share with all of you now, that Fitbit for yoga is pretty much around the corner and it’s a “Bazinga” moment for all the yoga lovers out there. Some of the yoga trackers are clip-on trackers, necklaces and detachable wristbands.
- What Are the Best Fitbit And Fitness Trackers?
- How to Choose a Fitbit or Fitness Tracker For Yoga
- Frequently Asked Question
What Are the Best Fitbit And Fitness Trackers?
1. Fitbit Versa 2
Fitbit Versa 2 will elevate your moments of life. You can use your voice to create alarms, set bedtime reminders or check the weather with Amazon Alexa built-in. You can track your heart rate, sleeping time and get personal insights.
With a larger display and an always-on option, you are one quick glance away from all of your important information.
You also get basic smartphone features- a collection of apps, notifications and card payments, and with much better battery life than most smartphones. Even if you make full use of the fitness tracking features and heart-rate monitor, you will get 5 days life out of the Versa quite easily.
Also, do checkout our post on Best Yoga Wheels.
What we like in it?
- Waterproof and water-resistant so you can track your pool workouts with a swim-proof case.
- Good battery life which will last for about 5 days.
- It has a built-in optical heart rate sensor.
- Smartphone notifications are readily available.
- GPS is via smartphone only which can be tedious.
- The wrist motion detection is a disappointment.
- Display is very basic.
2. Fitbit Charge 4 Fitness Wristband
Fitbit Charge 4 Fitness Wristband has a built-in GPS, counts the heart rate and tracks fitness, workouts, and beyond. You can push yourself further with 20 plus goal-based exercise modes, auto-exercise tracking and reminders.
The Sleep Score with the Fitbit app can be used for sleep tracking with light, deep and REM sleep stages and more. You can set goals, track progress and get a more complete picture of your health and fitness- all on your dashboard in the Fitbit app.
Also, when need a bit of relaxation, play your own playlist on Spotify and relax your mind and muscles.
With a battery life of up to 7 days and up to 5 hours when using GPS it lets you do more with less charging. You can also stay connected with calls, calendar, and smartphone app alerts, text notifications and apps like weather and timer.
Load your wallet in the Fitbit app and you can use Charge 4 to tap and pay for purchases wherever it’s feasible for you.
What we like in it?
- There is a built-in GPS, which makes it easier to track the pace and distance.
- The intensity map will show you a heart-map of your activities.
- The NFC payments feature through Fitbit Pay is standard on the Fitbit Charge 4.
- Swimproof up to 50m.
- There is a lack of colour display.
- The screen does not always remain on.
3. Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker
The Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker is well-known for its high performance and ranks the top on my list. It tracks your steps and calories. This one is stylish and quite practical. It comes in 10 pure colors and 8 colors with white polka dots.
It is lightweight and clips easily on your pocket, belt and bra to track your activity. The waterproof material compliments your intense work out sessions and is known to have quite a decent amount of battery life as well.
You can add Yoga and Dancing into your “exercise app.” You will also be able to compare your different Yoga and dancing sessions as well.
What we like in it?
- It is waterproof and is more user friendly.
- Easily customizable and comes in different colours.
- More connectivity options and hence more compatible with most of the devices.
- Very easily can be set by the user.
- It will not be able to monitor your sleeping patterns.
- The rubber case might look a bit gauzy.
4. Lintekek Fitness Tracker
Lintekek Fitness Tracker is not only a great buy but it is also backed by a lifetime technical support. This tracker tracks your 24-hour heart rate. The silent morning alarm will wake you up without disturbing others. It has a 0.96 inch OLED colour screen activity tracker with an adjustable dual-colour band with 5 modes of adjustable brightness.
There is a remote camera shooting mode which when downloaded in the VeryFitPlus app will take a selfie in seconds. You can also receive your texts and calls when the device is connected to your smartphone.
It records your basic data, like walking distance, steps, calorie-burning, and more. It also monitors your sleep quality.You can also use this tracker for Pilates as well as cycling and walking/running and the Yoga mode is perfect while practicing Pilates.
Also, checkout our very popular post on Best Yoga Mats, in case you are interested to know about the best mats in the market.
What we like in it ?
- Having 14 different sports modes is definitely one of Lintelek’s strengths.
- Another great advantage is its feature to monitor your heart rate continuously and not just once an hour.
- A further nice surprise is how easy the tracker and the app are to set up and use.
- Smart connectivity.
- Lintelek is not compatible with every phone and is not water-resistant.
- It has no built-in GPS. To use the Lintelek in GPS mode, you need to have your smartphone within a 10 m radius of the tracker otherwise it won’t record any GPS data.
5. Bellabeat Leaf
All the ladies out there, this is the product that’s exclusively meant for you. The nicest thing about Bellabeat Leaf is that it looks really good and you can just clip it on for your yoga sessions. It also has a lot of information about tracking female health.
If you are looking to have an idea of how effective your yoga sessions are then Bellabeat Leaf should be one of the devices you should consider.
You get all the functionalities of a fitness tracker such as recording your steps, distance moved in total, calories burned and even statistics on your sleep cycle but with an added bonus of it all complimenting your outfit as well.
What we like in it?
- It has very accurate tracking.
- No charging is required as the battery survives till 6 months and then can be easily replaced.
- Stress prediction and guided meditation.
- Activity and sleep tracking.
- It has to be synced manually.
- It is not waterproof.
6. Misfit Shine 2
The Misfit Shine 2 can be applied as a clip-on. You can enjoy the great app of Misfit to track your Yoga lessons and many other sports activity by easily setting it up in the app.
It tracks distance covered, calories burned, steps travelled, various activities and automatic monitoring of length and quality of sleep.
There is a long-lasting battery, and automatic wireless syncing means you’ll worry less about charging and more about staying active.
Besides, it comes with a waterproof design that is attachable to watches and necklaces but can also be used by itself.
What we like in it?
- Accurate recording of steps compared to other trackers.
- You can check in on the app on how you are performing day-by-day or month-by-month.
- Adjustable settings for wearing positions.
- Calculates exercise needed to reach the goal.
- There is no heart rate monitoring.
- There is minimal information on the app.
7. Withings Pulse
Another remarkable pick when it comes to the best fitness tracker for yoga. There are modes for over 30 different activities, from running to yoga, volleyball and skiing.
Heart rate is captured at 10-minute interval throughout the day using the PPG sensor, but continuously during exercise. The connected GPS means you’ll need to have your smartphone paired in order to map routes.
After all the rigorous sessions, you get more detailed information about the workouts by syncing the Pulse HR to the Withings Health Mate app for iOS and Android. It takes for about an hour to recharge.
You can also share your progress with your friends and family with its provided app. It is easily detachable and hence very convenient for the user.
What we like in it?
- You can wear the Pulse in several ways: put it in your pocket, attach it to your belt/waistband with a clip (just as you would wear a pedometer) or place it in a wristband to wear like a watch.
- It tells you more than just how far you’ve walked, it also tells you how much physical activity is considered good and is recommended by the WHO.
- Shows previous 10 days activities on mobile.
- Heart rate monitor.
- It is not water-resistant.
- There is no in-built GPS.
- Tracked data is not always uniform.
8. Mi Band 7
The Mi Band 7 is one of the most popular fitness bands, thanks to a variety of features it brings on to your wrist.
It comes with continuous heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, counting of steps and several other exercises such as running, swimming etc. The music control on the band, allows you to change the song, increase/decrease the volume and shake a leg without even touching your phone.
You can easily go for your yoga sessions, as this band is really lightweight and it pleasantly sits on your wrist. The battery life runs up to 20 days with uninterrupted performance.
This will also help you to locate your smartphone with just a couple of taps, so if you’ve left your phone somewhere, you need not panic after that.
What we like in it?
- It is water-resistant so you need not panic if you forget to remove it before a shower or before you dive in the pool.
- It measures your heart rate and tracks your sleep, rather accurately.
- Automatic heart rate tracking.
- Excellent battery life.
- It is difficult to pop out the band.
- The compatibility with other devices is not so great.
How to Choose a Fitbit or Fitness Tracker For Yoga
While buying Fitbit for yoga, it is important to keep certain points in mind. I’ll be discussing it here-
Compatibility And Design
It is always advisable to buy a Fitbit that is compatible with your smartphone and is easy to put on your wrist.
If you are using an Apple device, you should consider a tracker that supports iPhone compatibility. Thus, when you are going to purchase, you should get that tracker which is compatible with your device.
Waterproof And Water-Resistant
A waterproof Fitbit will always save your time and keep you away from the hassles of removing it during your shower and putting it back on when you’re good to go for your day’s work. A waterproof fitness tracker offers you to fashion it, regardless of any weather condition.
We all want products with long-lasting battery life so that it doesn’t wear out frequently. That’s why it is recommended to get a long battery life so that you don’t have to charge it.
Fitness trackers have different battery types. There are some with rechargeable batteries. Other require coin cell batteries. So, you should know which one is ideal for your use before purchasing it.
You are definitely looking for accuracy when it comes to your fitness and workout regimes. If you are going to buy a fitness tracker for Yoga, it should provide you with 100% accuracy.
Frequently Asked Question
Does A Fitbit Track Yoga?
Definitely! Most of the Fitbit comes with trackable workouts pre-loaded, including yoga, although it’s not set up by default. However, with a few minor tweaks of the settings, you can have your Fitbit ready to track your Yoga workouts whenever you need.
Does Yoga Count As Active Minutes On Fitbit?
You earn active minutes for activities at or above about 3 METs. If your Fitbit device tracks heart rate, your heart-rate data is used to calculate active minutes for non-step-based activities, such as weight lifting, yoga, and rowing.
What Should I Consider In The Best Fitness Tracker For Yoga?
It is important to consider the following aspect when you are buying the best fitness tracker for yoga. These aspects include:
☛ Wireless syncing
☛ Activity notifications
☛ Water resistance
☛ Minimum one-year warranty
☛ Good compatibility
Well, that’s a long list, but we’ve tried our level best to make it as informative as possible so that you make an informed choice before buying the best Fitbit for yoga.
We will love it if you like something from our selection and find it useful.
Do not forget to check our collection of Best Yoga Balls. You will love them too.