Hello Beautiful Community,
This week, we moved through what is known as the saddest day of the year on 18th January. I’m hearing from a number of you – both those I teach privately and those I mentor that there are certain struggles for you right now being:
- No sense of purpose
- Lack of motivation
Before we go into these, a couple of points:
- Thank you so much to those of you who completed the HELP ME TO HELP YOU BETTER 2021 Survey! I’ve notified the winner of the private session – CONGRATULATIONS! 🎉
- MY JANUARY SPECIAL OFFER ENDS 31 JANUARY. On the mat, come join me for Dynamic Fiery Vinyasa Flow classes to energise, rejuvenate, elevate and liberate yourself AT 50% OFF for 13 x 60 hour classes <3
Now, back to the struggles and some thoughts…
We are only ever a millimetre away from a smidge more comfort.
1. Boredom – this is actually a good thing for boosting our creativity! Feel into it. Close your eyes as the ultimate symbol by your body of honouring your internal world. Light up that area more, dim down the external distraction and cut all the noise for a hot minute. Tune in and listen here to what your body wants. You can CREATE something to look forward to. Is there a home project to develop? I love gradually doing up my old camper van for example and I always need an online course and book on the go to keep learning. In Marie Kondo’s language, let your body from the inside out inform you as to what spark’s joy. I recommend this course for enhancing your clarity.
2. No sense of purpose –Try thanking the emptiness and turning it on its head. Rather than thinking about you, get out of your own way and ask yourself what can you do RIGHT NOW of service to others? An act of kindness, send a prayer, call a friend, make soup for a neighbour, volunteer for a Charity, start a fundraiser. Create an online course about something you’ve learned that can help others transform! On the spiritual path there is no life goal, it’s simply about uncovering what already exists within. This free course taught me this beautifully that rather than wasting energy on this thought, use that same energy to SERVE and in turn you serve yourself by doing so. We feel better when we help others!
3. Lack of Motivation – PRO TIP: Check your posture. Does it reflect someone of action and power or someone who is depleted and lethargic. Switch it up now to start becoming that which you wish to be. Stand like superwoman/man for 60 seconds works a charm. This incredible TED talk explains more!
Now… rather than focussing on the thing/s you’re struggling with doing or getting started on, the key is in your PREPARATION + FOUNDATION. How are you starting your day BEFORE doing everything else?. Try this. Before you do anything, upon waking up try the Robin Sharma 20/20/20 method but in 1 minute:
20 seconds of movement – tapping/star jumps/hop to the bathroom/have a boogie
20 seconds of contemplation = 1 deep conscious breath
20 seconds of study/self-improvement = read 1 page of a book.
Start SO small and gradually this might increase. I have a daily ritual of my “Victory Hour” rising one hour before the sun before starting my day proper I use the 20/20/20 method as above but 20 minutes per section one immediately after the other. It’s been an absolute game-changer. I start my day with energy and peace of mind knowing that I’ve put my self care first to show up healthy, clear and powerful. I encourage you to start SUPER SMALL with any morning ritual as lack of motivation can come when we are trying to do too much at once rather than gradually building up to things. If you have a goal to read more, read just 1 page a day, if you have a goal to learn to meditate, start with 1 minute a day. However, what’s key to continued progress is CONSISTENCY. It has to be an everyday habit. Let me know how you get on!
Accountability and community also massively help! Click here to join the VIP Facebook Community with like-minded wonderful souls.
With that, I’ll say goodbye here and see you back in your inbox in a couple of weeks or before on the mat!
PS – I’m noticing you’re loving the book recommendations. Here’s a couple more that I’m enjoying. At the moment, I have this yoga/spiritual book on the go and this entrepreneurial/self improvement book on the go.
PSS – I’m in need of a good novel – if you have any great recommendations please hit reply!